Three Ways to Apply
*If you are applying for the Summer Crisis Program or Winter Crisis Program, you can start your application online, but you’ll need to make an appointment with your local Energy Assistance Provider.
- Apply in person or over the phone through your local Energy Assistance Provider. When you apply, you will need to complete the Energy Assistance Application.
- If you’re applying by mail, send your application and required documents to:
- Energy Assistance Programs
- P.O. Box 1240
Columbus, Ohio 43216
Energy Assistance Application
Applications are also available at your local Energy Assistance Provider, local libraries, county departments of Job and Family Services, and Area Agencies on Aging.
Don’t forget to sign the application. Not signing the application will delay the application process.
Here’s what you’ll need to apply:
- Proof of income for each household member. Income includes: Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), Social Security, Pension, Alimony, Wages, Self-employment, Unemployment, etc.
- Copies of your most recent utility bills
- A list of all household members, including Social Security numbers and birth dates
- Proof of U.S. citizenship/legal residency for all household members. Documents that are accepted to prove U.S. citizenship/legal residency include: a Social Security Card, birth certificate, U.S. Passport, naturalization paper/certification of citizenship, permanent VISA, or INS ID Card.
You will need a scanned copy or photo of your proof of income, recent utility bills, and proof of citizenship to upload to the application.
If you have questions about the programs or the application, please call (800)282-0880. Hearing impaired customers call 711.