This program provides grants of up to $250,000 to Ohio livestock and poultry producers so they can implement processing efficiencies, expand or construct facilities at existing sites, assist in training and certification, and improve harvest services.
Grants can be used to reimburse businesses for the following costs:
- New/upgraded machinery/equipment.
- New/upgraded technology products.
- Personnel training costs.
- Plant construction/expansion – confinement.
- Plant construction/expansion – processing.
- Plant construction/expansion – refrigeration.
- Food safety certification costs.
- Cooperative interstate shipment program costs.
The application period has closed.