Development offers grant programs to help Ohio companies export their goods and services, gain export knowledge, and participate in trade missions.
International Market Access Grant for Exporters
Ohio Export Grant Boosts International Sales
IMAGE provides eligible companies a 50% reimbursement of up to $10,000 in grant funds (i.e., 50% of $20,000 in eligible expenses) to engage in activities to increase export sales. Companies can receive up to $10,000 in reimbursement per program year, not per funding round.
For more detailed information, please see the IMAGE Handbook below.
- Company operates a licensed for-profit business in Ohio to manufacture, assemble, and/or distribute a product or provide an exportable service.
- Company certifies that the products to be promoted contain a majority of U.S. content.
- Company has identified qualifying and achievable export activities or initiatives requiring financial support and has, in effect, a strategic plan for exporting.
- Company asserts that it meets the requirements of the Table of Small Business Size Standards set forth by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Company has been in business for no less than one year at time of application.
- Company attests that it shall not knowingly enter into any transactions with a person in the Excluded Parties List System.
- Company must be in good standing with all state of Ohio agencies.
Grant Activity Information
- Activities must be approved before the activities are conducted.
- The earliest date that an activity can begin is the application approval date or Oct. 1, 2021, whichever date is later.
- All grant activities must be completed by the completion date listed on page one of the countersigned grant agreement..
- Changes to initially approved activities can be made. For more information, please reference the section “Amending the Grant” in the handbook.
Eligible Grant Activities
- Exhibiting at International Trade Shows
- EXIM Credit Insurance Premiums
- U.S. Commercial Service Programs
- Trade Missions
- Supported Individual Market Visit
Round 1 IMAGE will cover activities starting Oct. 1, 2022, (or when application is approved, whichever is later) and ending on or before March 31, 2023. $200,000 of funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Companies with application issues will be given 10 days to remedy their application. The application portal will close when sufficient applications are received to expend the $200,000 allotted to Round 1.
Subsequent rounds will be announced in future, pending funding availability.
Receive 100% reimbursement on export training, up to $5,000 per grant year. Training must be successfully completed to be reimbursed. Grant year runs from Oct. 1, 2021, through Sept. 29, 2022. All activity and company eligibility listed under the IMAGE section applies to the Export Training Grant. Reimbursement requests due within 30 days of training completion.
Currently accepting applications for:
- Export training opportunities that are proposed in the grant applications, subject to the approval of the program manager.
Additional training opportunities will be added to the application as registrations open. All IMAGE eligibility criteria apply to the Export Training Grant.
How to Apply
- Click the button below
- Scroll down to the Export Section
- Select and complete Export Training Grant