Technology Validation and Start-up Fund
2014 Cycle 3 Key Dates
- RFP Released June 18, 2014
- Written Questions accepted through November 26, 2014
- Technology Transfer Office Qualification Document due by 2:00 p.m. on November 26, 2014
- Proposals due by 2:00 p.m. on December 3, 2014
- Review and Award Approximately First Quarter 2015
View Fact Sheet (pdf)
The goal of the Ohio Third Frontier Technology Validation and Start-up Fund (TVSF) is to create greater economic growth in Ohio based on start-up companies that commercialize technologies developed by Ohio institutions of higher education and other Ohio not-for-profit research institutions. The Technology Validation and Start-Up Fund has been designed to:
- Support protected technologies developed at Ohio research institutions that need known validation/proof that will directly impact and enhance both their commercial viability and ability to support a start-up company, and
- Support Ohio start-up and Ohio young companies that license these validated/proven technologies from these Ohio research institutions.
NOTE (Updated July 30, 2014): Proposals to be submitted to CY2014 TVSF Cycle 2 (due date August 6, 2014) should be submitted via email to TVSF@development.ohio.gov (as per previous cycles of the program).