Edison Technology Centers
The six Edison Technology Centers located around the state provide a variety of product and process innovation and commercialization services to both established and early-stage technology-based businesses. These businesses can include new product design, CAD/CAM, prototyping, materials selection and handling, plant layout and design, quality systems, information systems, machining, joining technology assistance, and biotechnology business consulting.
- MAGNET - Cleveland, Ohio: MAGNET is a regional center focused on manufacturers. It provides manufacturing process and productivity improvement services, product design and development services, and fee-for-service training. It brokers commercial and university IP in selected manufacturing areas, and delivers federal/state Manufacturing Small Business Assistance programs.
- Edison Welding Institute - Columbus, Ohio: This is a membership-based, internationally-recognized institution focused on materials joining technology. The Institute conducts research and development for both industry and government.
- CIFT -Toledo, Ohio: CIFT is statewide center focused on food technology, particularly in processing/packaging (e.g., blow molding and wrap technology).
- BioOhio - Columbus, Ohio: BioOhio is a statewide center focused on promoting the bio-life sciences industry in Ohio, including pharmaceutical and medical device development. Its principal efforts are in assisting small- to medium-sized entrepreneurial organizations to develop and commercialize bio-life sciences technology.
- TechSolve - Cincinnati, Ohio: TechSolve is a regional center focused on manufacturers. It provides advanced manufacturing process and system services and productivity improvement training. It is a nationally-recognized center in machining technology, and delivers federal/state Manufacturing Small Business Assistance programs.
- PolymerOhio - Westerville, Ohio: PolymerOhio is a networking group committed to the global competitiveness and growth of Ohio's polymer industry. Members include Ohio polymer companies, leading polymer academic agencies, and service providers.